The reason behind the foundation of Laxmi Pratisthan is to divert minds of the family members from this very rare and shocking incident and to pay tribute to the departed souls by contributing to the society with the positive approach. It will work for humanity regardless of age, gender, color, caste, race, and religion. Thus, the foundation has aimed to work in the favor of socially backward and underprivileged communities particularly women and children in the remote areas of Nepal. The Foundation has conceived Vocational Training Oriented Basic Education Program for the women which will empower them by rendering self-dependent with literacy. The helpless children and orphans will also be in priority for education. Health awareness programs will also be carried out for the awareness of the locals to reduce the number of infant mortality and pregnancy-related mortality rate. The Traffic Awareness Programs will also be in priority having coordination with schools, colleges, and traffic police in an effort to reduce the increasing road accident, particularly among the youths.
Kanda Transformation Campaign
In Kanda, 85 families of Chepang community consisting of 865 people reside. The Chepangs are one of Nepal’s most disadvantaged indigenous groups and are classified under the ‘highly marginalized’ category on the basis of a set of socio-economic indicators, such as population size, language, literacy rate, house type, land ownership.
As the world has turned out to be a small village with improved technological development in this 21st Century, news and information are at the tip of the finger. Pressing a button, we could receive the delivery of our order. On the other hand, there is still a mass of people living the live resembling of the 18th century. It’s hard to believe but the story is real. No rays of civilization and development entered Kanda, a remote village of Chitwan. It could be reached after a few hours (about 6 hours) of walk from where the road ends as no facilities could reach there. They are deprived of all the basic rights and facilities they deserve as a citizen of the nation.
“Having known the situation of Kanda, we marched ahead through our operation to Kanda for bringing happiness to the ignorant people, again making them dream life of dignity and bring them to the mainstream.”
What Laxmi Pratisthan has done so far at Kanda:
1. Distributed fruits plants according to topography condition including apple, lemon, cardamom, turmeric, and Rudraksha plants.
2. Distributed seeds of beans and potato tubers.
3. An introduced organic farming method in the village.
4. Organized free health camp in the village.
5. Distributed clothes, blankets, utensils, and school uniforms.
6. Delivered skill development training in the field of masonry and carpentry.
7. Distributed solar panel sets to the all 85 households.
8. Distributed fruits plants according to topography condition.
9. Finished construction of 52 houses for Chepang Families.
10. Finished construction of well-facilitated hostel and operating the hostel where 164 Chepang Children are residing.